As the weather gets colder and the threat of COVID still ever present, it might be a good idea to get a spray tan. If you haven’t tried spray tanning, it is normal to feel apprehensive about it.
Here are things that you need to know before getting your first spray tan:
- Be clean and make up free- before going to the salon, make sure that you are freshly showered and are not using any makeup. This includes deodorant, lotion and moisturizer.
- Avoid wearing jewelry– Try to be as bare as possible. Metal might have an adverse reaction to tanning solutions so better be safe.
- Wear dark clothes– Tanning spray might stain your clothes so wear darker shade of clothes will camouflage the stains, if ever there are any.
- Make sure you know the exact shade of tan you want– Better yet, ask your therapist to show you the shade you want before doing the procedure.
- Follow instructions- You might get embarrassed by having someone do this for you. Don’t be. You need a professional to do the tanning for you to ENSURE that the spray tanning is done evenly. It’s next to impossible to do the back part of your body by yourself. So the best thing to do is to follow whatever instructions your therapist tells you to avoid delays and unnecessary drama.
- Allow for the tan to dry- Depending on the therapist, spray tanning might take awhile and you need to allow it to dry before donning the clothes you came in. Do not rush the process as it will only cause you problems later on.
- Take a shower only after 8 hours- This is to ensure that the tanning is totally dry and doesn’t wash away with the first shower.
- No matter what you see, do not freak out- Initial result will be darker than the one you wanted. There is actually no need to worry as the color of the tan will fade after a while. It’s best to inform your therapist though if you have an important event lined up.
At Carolina Eye Candy, we use professional sunless tanning products. Get up to Five Shades Darker in LESS than 8 Hours!! Check out our spray tanning services here!