So you’ve decided to go ahead and avail of the services provided by a professional and have your eyebrows done. You’re loving the new look, and you’re ready to hit the town. But are you really ready to do that? What are the aftercare do’s and don’ts after microblading? We have compiled them here so you can have a guide on what is and what is not allowed right after a microblading procedure.
• Don’t touch, press or pinch the eyebrow area for 24 hours after the procedure. When examining your eyebrows, resist the temptation of touching or pressing the area as it is still tender and can easily get irritated.
• Don’t get your eyebrows wet. If you’re washing your face, avoid the eyebrow area for 24 hrs after the procedure.
• Don’t go to the gym or workout. Avoid getting sweat onto your eyebrow area. Don’t go to the gym within 24 hours of having the procedure done.
• Don’t sunbathe. Again just within the 24 hour window after having your brows done. Stay indoors.
• Don’t put makeup over the eyebrow area. Let the redness and the tenderness go away first.
• Don’t pick on the scabs. As the eyebrow area heals, avoid touching, pulling or picking on the scabs, to avoid irritation. Let them heal naturally.
• Don’t use acidic lotions or makeup. Anything that contains mineral oils, retinol, AHA, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid should be avoided.
• Don’t go to the beach. Avoid going to the beach within 24 hours from having the procedure done.
• Don’t get your brows waxed, plucked or threaded for at least 10 days. If you need to have your brows waxed or threaded do it a few days before the procedure.
• Expect the brows to be darker at first. Right after the procedure the brows will look darker, but don’t fret. It will lighten and look more natural within a few days.
• Stay cool. You need to avoid getting sweat into your brows for at least 24 hours, so it’s best to stay indoors.
• Be gentle. When washing your face, be very gentle with your brows.
• Use alcohol-free cleansers. Be very gentle with your brows and use cleansers that are very gentle and alcohol-free.
• Sleep on your back. Avoid sleeping on your face or even on your side for a few days.
• Apply Sunscreen. Once the area is healed, apply sunscreen over it when you are going out. It will help the pigment to stay on longer.