If you want to shed a few extra pounds to get to a healthier weight and it seems like you’re not making any progress, then we have you covered.
Here are the six best weight loss tips that are guaranteed to give you results.
- Drink water before meals. Water not only hydrates us, it also makes us feel full faster, so that’s less calories consumed. If that’s not enough, recent studies show that drinking plenty of water before meals also boosts our metabolism by as much as 30%. So make sure you have a bottle of water handy, and drink before your next meal.
- Say no to carbs. We can’t say this often enough. If you’re fond of rice, bread and pasta – cut down on carbs and you’ll be sure to lose weight. This is because carbs can spike blood sugar faster, making you feel hungry just a few hours after a hearty meal.
- Watch what you eat. Check the portion and the calorie count. If you’re serious about losing weight, you need to check and make sure that you are not stuffing yourself with high- calorie food. If you’re a hearty eater, reduce the quantity of food that you are consuming gradually, to get yourself used to smaller portions. Check the serving sizes of packaged meals to make sure that you are not eating for two.
- Cut sugar out. Sugar is associated with obesity. Consuming sugary food immediately gives you high energy spikes, but this rapidly drops and when it does, you feel hungry and crave for more food. It’s best to cut out sugary food from your diet, and we don’t just mean cakes and candies. This also includes energy drinks and even some health food. Always check the label before buying.
- Snack on healthy food. Instead of reaching for that chocolate chip cookies or that slice of pizza, consider snacking on fruits instead. Or a salad. Not only will this aid you in weight loss, but eating healthy food improves your skin and takes years away from your face.
- Be consistent. If you decide to embark on a weight loss journey, stick to the plan, even if it seems like an uphill battle. You may not immediately see results in a day or two, but after a few weeks, you will definitely see some improvements. The people around you will notice the changes as well, so don’t give up. Remember, consistency is the key.