How to Delay the Appearance of Wrinkles and Other Skin Imperfections
Wrinkles? Skin Imperfections? Women (and men) dread the time when wrinkles, laugh lines and other skin imperfections begin appearing on their face. Their appearance usually signifies the harsh truth that there really is no stopping the aging process. While it may true that you can not stop aging, there are ways that you can delay or camouflage their appearance. Here’s how:
- Learn to properly take care of your skin. Cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize your face regularly (like before going to bed).
- Never sleep without removing your makeup. This is mortal sin #1 when it comes to skin care. Remove makeup by either washing your face with water and facial wash or makeup remover.
- Never leave the house without putting sunscreen protection on your face. It doesn’t matter whether the weather is sunny or not. Even on winters, the sun’s harmful UV rays are toxic for your skin.
- Ensure that you have sufficient rest. Depending on your age and other key factors, you should get at least between 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep during the night. Yes, uninterrupted sleep during the night.
- Exercise regularly. It not only helps you maintain your weight but releases toxins from your body.
- As much as possible only use makeup and other skin care products that are organically made as possible (or simply check that they have little or no harmful chemicals).
- Do not smoke. Believe me, not only will it help delay aging but it will also save you from a multitude of health problems and air pollution.
- Avoid squinting. If you can’t see properly without squinting then it’s time to get a pair of glasses or contact lens. Squinting overworks your facial muscles and when this happens, wrinkles and fine lines happen.
- Eat food (like salmon) rich in omega-3 which nourish your skin.
- Include soy rich food or soy rich supplements in your regular diet.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables than carbohydrates and junkfood.
- You can use beauty products rich in AHA (Alpha-hydroxy acid) and retinoids which strip dead skin cells and reduce the appearance of the dreaded wrinkles.
- While botox, chemical peels, and dermabrasion can remove wrinkles, it’s better to do this occasionally only.