Skin Care Tips for Oily Skin
Having oil skin is such a hassle. If you’re not careful about it, your every picture looks like you have wrestled with your frying pan or worse- used grease as your moisturizer. So what is oily skin? What causes it and how can you prevent it?
How do you know if you have oily skin?
The obvious symptoms of having oily skin is when your face looks shiny and greasy even when you’re not doing anything. This is probably worse during summer compared to any other season. A skin that is oily is prone to acne, blackheads, big pores and other skin breakouts. This usually happens when your sebaceous glands produce more oil than what is needed. Oily skin is also caused by a whole lot of other factors including: genes, humidity or hot weather, diet, hormonal levels, and pregnancy.
Here’s how you can take care of your oil skin:
- Wash your face no more than twice a day. More than that strips your skin from producing natural moisturizers and instead increase the production of oil.
- Only use gentle cleansers. Or any cleansers that is specifically made for oily skin.
- Use oil blotting paper to remove excess oil from your face.
- Avoid using facial scrub.
- Only use toners on areas of your face that are oily.
- Only use oil-free or water based moisturizers.
- When using foundation and other makeup, use powder or gel based products. For liquid makeup, stay clear from oil based products.
- Look for non-comedogenic skin care products as they will not clog your pores.
- Exfoliate only once a week to remove excess oil and dirt from your face.
- Use facial masks made from aloe vera, yogurt, oats, honey or tomato.
Also, be wary about trying on different makeup. Try to avoid wearing heavy makeup as best as you can. The technique here is really on ensuring that your face is as clean as possible without overdoing it.