How Cinnamon Can Help- Let Us Count The Ways
Cinnamon or cinnamomum, is a name for approximately a dozen or more tree species that produce this spice. Its history can be traced as far back as 2000 BCE in Egypt. Cinnamon, as a gift those days, were prized by even monarchs and royalties. It is more than just bread or spice that you add to your latte.
Here are ways that you can use cinnamon:
- For cooking. Use its bark for flavoring when cooking meat like lamb and chicken.
- For baking. Many recipes call for the use of cinnamon like apple pies and sauces, breads and doughnuts.
- For your beverages. It’s a favorite “add on” for drinks like coffee, tea, liquors, cocoa and even eggnog.
Its use is way beyond food and beverages. While it’s true that they can add a certain oomph to your drinks and food, their significance is more than that, You can use them for you skin care rituals and beauty regimen.
Here are ways to use cinnamon for your skin and face:
- Cinnamon extracts are used to process collagen biosynthesis for anti-aging. Results include reduced wrinkles and fine lines, better complexion, plumper and healthier skin.
- It has the ability to improve the circulation of blood on your skin.
- It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties so added to other beauty ingredients, it helps one get rid of acne and eczema. Just add one part cinnamon to three parts honey and massage it to your problem skin. Use it once weekly.
- It removes dead skin cells and give you healthier and glowing skin. Just add cinnamon to a mixture of seasalt, olive oil and honey.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. When used, it helps your body fight infections and repair damaged tissues.
- It reduces the risk for heart diseases and even diabetes.
- It helps lower blood sugar levels.
So what are you waiting for? Add this spice to your food, drinks and even fitness regimen for a healthier you.