Of Motherhood, Its Joys and Pains
Motherhood is a tough job. One can be a mother but embracing its totality is tough on most women. There are several reasons why motherhood is considered as the toughest role on Earth.
Here are just some of the reasons why it’s hard:
- You carry a child for nine months. As the body changes to accommodate the life growing inside your belly, you will feel a lot of pain and discomfort.
- Your emotions are at an all time high. You might feel gloriously happy in one moment then weepy in the next instant.
- You’re not only responsible about your own well being but of someone else.
- And the labor? Some women may breeze through labor but others will experience hours and days of agony during child labor.
- Post partum depression is real. This is not something imagined by mothers.
- It’s equally tougher to be responsible for the child. You are emotionally, physically, financially and even spiritually responsible for their well being.
However, the joy of having a child makes you forget about everything else:
- Life is so much better when you have kids of your own.
- You get unlimited hugs.
- As well as kisses
- Kids give you their unconditional love.
- Nice to have your “mini” me.
- Your child is the product of your love
- You will never be lonely again when you have kids on your own.
- Your house will never be lonely. \
- You will never be lonely.
- Friends and partners may go, but your kids will always be your kids.
If you don’t have kids just yet and are contemplating about having one (or two), always remember that raising a kid is a hundred times more expensive than getting a cat or dog. They’re very time consuming and are so dependent on you especially on their early years. However, having them to love you is worth any price. Any price at all.