TOP 5 REASONS TO PROTECT YOUR SKIN
So, did you know that May was National Melanoma Awareness month? Well, it is and it brings us into a month of beautiful views, lots of fun in the sun, and unfortunately, so many of us do not take the care and prevention necessary to protect our skin. It’s the largest organ of the body, so why is it so neglected? Is it because we just fail to realize how important it is to care of until we see the signs of issues? If that is the case for you, I want to give you some helpful hints and tips how to protect the skin you were blessed with.
- Healthy Skin – There’s no fountain of youth, but you CAN look younger than your years by simply looking after your skin. Stay hydrated, eat healthily, and ALWAYS wear sunscreen with an SPF of 15-30 (anything more than that just has added chemicals which do not protect you from the sun) on these hotter days.Something you should take into account: the sun’s UV rays can be just as strong in the shade, when driving in your car, when working in your office or on cloudy day as well as on bright, sunny days. So, you need to be aware of your surroundings and wear protective clothing and sunscreen whenever possible in every season!
- Controlling Hyperpigmentation -Hyperpigmentation is an area of the skin that is darkened due to an excess amount of melanin produced. While it is more of a nuisance than harmful, it is unsightly on a cosmetic basis. Sun exposure can further aggravate skin hyperpigmentation resulting in darker sunspots.
- Prevention of Skin Cancer – Skin cancer is avoidable and by staying out of the sun and protecting your skin against its’ harsh rays, you can prevent getting any form of skin cancer. Staying out the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. when UV exposure is at its greatest is the best way to protect your skin.
- Halting Premature Aging – The suns UV rays are responsible for at least 80% of aging skin! So no matter what time of year it is, always remember to apply sun lotion to prevent accelerated skin aging.
- Prevention of Eye Diseases – So you may ask, what the heck does eyes have to do with skin? Your eyes are extremely sensitive and the skin around the eye is as well! Sun exposure can cause temporal blindness or pain if the eyes are not protected adequately. Luckily, wearing sunglasses are not just a fashion statement but required for your eye protection. And it’s fashionable, so get a decent pair and rock them!
Oh, and before I forget to mention this, it doesn’t matter what your ethnicity is or the color of your skin. We all need sun protection. The sun does not discriminate in aging and cancer, so please do not be fooled by this myth. Hope that you found these tips useful, and don’t forget to protect and prevent! Pass the word and the love on to your friends family and colleagues, and feel free to share this blog post with them.
A highly sought after Master Lash Artist, licensed esthetician and make-up maven, Elizabeth Jennings is the owner of Carolina Eye Candy Beauty & Relaxation Lounge. Considered the go-to authority on eyelash enhancements and education in South Carolina, Jennings has helped 1000s of women transform their look by pairing best-in-class products with innovative application techniques in her treatment room. She explains, “It’s my job to not only make my clients feel beautiful, but to help them feel relaxed and pampered while facilitating the gorgeous results they deserve.” To book a VIP service visit www.CarolinaEyeCandy.com